Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!


Just finished our Easter pot-luck at the palapa. Always great food and sometimes interesting. Dave grilled fresh rabbit (how fitting is that!) and cole slaw, beans, devilled eggs, mac. salad,sliced ham, it goes on and on. I brought some really horrible curried spinich-sorted the joke food of the day (hey it looked good on the box) Skip and Denise brought Choc. cupcakes and there was eggnog bundt cake. And wine. It was Russ and Elsa's first pot luck and they survived , she made really good cole slaw. I blew in a couple of weeks ago and did't think I had anything to say, but someone said to me BLOGG ! Let's see, did you know Russ is a very accomplished taxadermi (forgive all bad spelling) and heard his cat is too real looking even for the birds, which (birds) is his speacialality. Last week a bunch of us caravaned it to Sandpiper restraunt that is now called Gaston's, since Mr. and Mrs. Gaston own it. They used to own Old Mill rest.. They prepared a Prime Rib dinner with all kinds of trimmings. For starters clams steamed in wine sauce,calamari both melt in your mouth! But this super cute building, his design,on the beach is most known for it great cheese burgers and fries. Saturday is still reserved for Los Globos (swapmeet/flea market) Juanita lets me tag along and whoever else that may want to check it out. When I get settled I'll have to tell you the "buy" of the week. The latest was her finding a real distressed leather bomber jacket lg. for 2 dollars!!! We are addicted to the thrill of the hunt, you just would not believe the cool stuff we never knew we had to have. Ok I go back to Kelso for another furniture run, one more Dr. visit with hubby Mike and since the 30th of this month is his official retired date from the railroad, we'll come back May 8 and then I can stay and he'll do the last few run of belongings. We'll be working on our house for the next 100 years. Remember - happiness is the journey not the destination.

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear something from you all

 

Post a Comment

<< Home