WHEW!
I am so far behind, when ya'll part timers vacation ya'll wear me out. I can't recall specifics but here goes for the last couple weeks. Mitza's (Coleman) idea of vacation is to cook and feed everyone, thanks for the chicken, steaks, speggetti, and help with the chili. And a huge thanks to her hubby, Rusty for helping Mike with the cabinets. Sara and Ed grilled some great brats. The web master that did the original bajasi site, Jeff Homer (Juanita calls him Homey) stopped by last Sunday and shared his proffesional photos on his Toshiba of the Baja races. They were awesome and more than just me said it was as good as being there, or was it ,"that's as close as we'll get to that race". Super photos of the cars, the people, the cities , all the action. (and only a coulpe of t& a shots). A really neat guy to share it all. Then Harlan allowed Denise to go to the swap meet with me. I forgot she's a runner, what stamina! We made it back in 5 hours , no record (that would be 6 hrs. by me and Juanita) , and that included lunch. We had fun, warm weather with a cool breeze. And in case you haven't been home here for awhile, let me warn you-Juanita has been walking. A lot of walking. She will be happy to explain why it's so good for anyone interested. And she is up to several miles a day and has her pedometer on her at all times to prove it , and is a whole lot fitter for it. To top off her great look she has a new shorter and wavy do(hair do). Plus she wins with the darkest tan . If your here on a Wendsday remember cowboy John and Frank are always looking for a poker player. Ladies are welcome to (I think), they let me play once last year (my game was interupted when Joe and Mike playing boy scouts gone bad in the bar-long story) anyway they took my money and still ask if I want to play again. Still thinking about it. Also the 'tide picnic' was so fun, 61 Dick and Denise our Yuma teachers gave me some great info on seaweed and other misc. ocean fun facts. I thank you guys. Lastly the chicken was from "Lalo's" , it's all they do, like KFC & instead of the american sides you get a dz. corn tortillas, salsa, lots of lettuce and fries. Back to the building a house, Denise tried to help me hang stuff but couldn't figure out the stupid drill thing. Hubby is gone retriving more of my junk , hurry home honey! Later all

2 Comments:
Great post Nina, we felt like we were there too. Glad to hear that 'Homey' surfaced, tried to track him down prior to the race. We'll try harder for the 1K. Where are you at Jeff? send an e-mail.
P.<*)))><
Hey Nina! I love my tops! They have become my main wear. Only had to give one to my sister. We have to wear red/white/blue at work now. Give Skippy or Juanita your address so they can send it to me. I forgot to get it before I left. Happy Days, Denise
Post a Comment
<< Home